NEW YORK (AP) — The rookie has the record.New York Mets slugger Pete Alonso became the first rookie in 81 years to break his team’s season home run mark when he connected Tuesday night in a 5-2 loss to the Chicago Cubs.Alonso launched his 42nd of the year on the first pitch from Yu Darvish in the fourth inning, a no-doubt drive to the opposite field that soared far beyond the fence in right and gave the Mets a 1-0 lead. “As soon as that ball came off my bat, I knew right away,” Alonso said. “It’s such an amazing feeling. It’s been a dream come true for me so far this year, and I just feel really blessed and honored.”The big first baseman raised his right arm and index finger as he began rounding the bases, then flashed a bright smile in the dugout before coming out for a curtain call.Mets’ Pete Alonso outlasts Vlad Guerrero Jr. in Home Run Derby”It’s just been surreal. The way that they’ve kind of embraced me since Day One has been extremely special. I just want to reciprocate that,” Alonso said. “They’ve been unbelievable and they’ve treated me so well. It’s not just… Read full this story
- MLB Owners Approve Sale Of New York Mets To Steve Cohen; De Blasio Says There’s No Objection From City
- New York Mets announce changes to minor league affiliates
- Steve Cohen’s Purchase Of New York Mets Closes; Hedge Fund Mogul Calls It “Significant Milestone” In Club’s History – Update
- New York Mets fans rejoice as Steve Cohen completes his $2.4 billion purchase of the franchise and vows 'we've got a lot of work to do'
- Billionaire hedge fund manager Steve Cohen to buy New York Mets
- Long Island’s Anthony DeLucia Pursues His Dream Of Creating Custom Cleats For New York Mets, Yankees
- Steve Cohen signs $2.4 BILLION deal to buy New York Mets after outbidding Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez for MLB's 'sixth most valuable club'
- New York authorities investigate the family tax records of Trump Organization's CFO: report
- The ultimate islands for a socially-distanced life of luxury! From a New York oasis with two Frank Lloyd Wright–designed homes to your own $95million Florida Key - the 10 most expensive private islands for sale in the U.S.
- New York Media Launches New York Stories, a Content Studio and Strategic Consulting Division
New York Mets rookie Alonso sets team record with 42nd home run have 411 words, post on www.syracuse.com at August 28, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.