PUBLISHED: 17:00 13 August 2019 | UPDATED: 19:56 13 August 2019
Ipswich Town take on Luton in the Carabao Cup this evening. Picture: ARCHANT
Ipswich Town are in Carabao Cup action this evening as they take on Luton Town. (kick-off 7.45pm).
Town haven’t won a cup game of any kind since August 2017, with that 2-0 victory coincidentally coming at tonight’s opponents Luton.
And we all know the Blues’ record in knock-out football is poor. They’ve won just four of their last 24 cup games, spanning eight seasons. Ten of those defeats have come against lower-league opposition.
But that’s not the narrative tonight. Town are the underdogs, with the two clubs swapping divisions at the end of last season following the Hatters’ promotion and Ipswich’s relegation.
You have to go back to December 2010 for the last time Ipswich knocked a side from a higher division out of a cup competition, as Grant Leadbitter’s penalty disposed of West Brom in the League Cup quarter-finals, setting up a clash with Arsenal in the semis.
You can follow tonight’s game live with us right here.
- Matchday Live: Town behind inside two minutes once again as old boy Lawrence strikes for Rams
- Matchday Live: Bolton down to 10 men after Wilson red as Town look for first win
- Matchday Live: Hernandez’s early goal and a Pukki double beat Ipswich in fiery derby
- MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City v Swansea – Canaries aim to lay down weekend gauntlet
- 'Gremlins' 4K Blu-ray Headed Home This October
- Matchday Live: Lankester gives Ipswich the perfect start after just two minutes
- Matchday Live: Graham and Dack cancel out early Edwards goal as Rovers lead
- Matchday Live: Follow live updates from Ipswich Town’s visit to Bolton
- Matchday Live: Besic and Downing goals condemn Blues to home defeat