Deny Santa Clara County
supervisors additional funds
Re: “Santa Clara County plan for tax increase raises questions” (Mercurynews.com, Aug. 18):
Time to resurrect the taxed enough already party.
Santa Clara County supervisors do not believe six tax increases in 10 years is enough to fund their operations. Maybe their operations have gotten out of control.
Now they want to add another tax increase to the 2020 ballot.
Perhaps supervisors should stick to their original mission and not try to be all things to all people. Mr. Oliverio noted that Supervisor Mike Wasserman stated the county budget and number of employees have increased by 50% in just nine years.
Dave ZittlowSan Jose
- Santa Clara find 49ers in violation of stadium agreement
- Santa Clara aims to hand No. 4 Gonzaga first loss (Jan 19, 2017)
- No. 4 Gonzaga, Santa Clara could be without key players (Mar 06, 2017)
- Arizona edges Santa Clara behind Markkanen, Simmons
- Vanderbilt holds off Santa Clara for 76-66 victory
- USC dunks its way to 82-59 win over Santa Clara (Dec 14, 2017)
- No. 4 Gonzaga, Santa Clara could be without key players
- Norvell helps No. 13 Gonzaga bounce back to beat Santa Clara
- Karnowski leads No. 4 Gonzaga past Santa Clara 88-57 (Jan 19, 2017)
- Landale leads No. 21 Saint Mary’s past Santa Clara (Jan 28, 2017)