Katy Perry fans will have to adhere to a little patience when it comes to seeing the pop superstar back out on the road performing her big hits.
But there is a consolation prize: the Fireworks star just released another new song, Small Talk.
During an Instagram Live Q-and-A in promotion of the tune, the singer addressed the often-asked question of whether she would go on tour to promote her new music.
‘I’m not going on tour soon, but I am putting out music,’ the 34-year-old said.
Katy Perry revealed she is not going on tour anytime soon in support of her new music
Perry then elaborated on her decision to stay close to her home in Beverly Hills.
‘When I go on tour, I go around the whole world. It takes a lot of planning. It takes a year.’
She added, ‘When I am on tour, I love it. I love to share the adventures, the culture… the cities I get to enjoy and the people I get to meet, the people I get to connect with. So, you will know when I’m going on tour.’
Her take: ‘When I go on tour, I go around the whole world. It takes a lot of planning,’ she revealed in an Instagram Live Q-and-A with fans. ‘It takes a year… you will know when I’m going on tour’
Perry last hit the road for an extensive amount of time in support of her fifth studio album, Witness.
Witness: The Tour kicked off September 19, 2019, and after a number of legs that took her around the world it concluded August 21, 2018.
She has had a handful of scattered performances at festivals in the last year.
New music: The pop star’s new song Small Talk is the follow-up to her single Never Really Over
Perry also addressed another pressing question of whether she will perform at the 2019 MTV Video Music Awards August 26 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
‘I am not performing on the VMAs, so not everything you read on the internet is true. Go figure,’ she said with a taste of sarcasm.
‘I personally think “www” stands for wild wild west… I always say if it doesn’t come from me, take it with a grain of Himalayan salt.’
Perry new song and video for Small Talk is the follow-up to her last single Never Really Over.
Road weary: Perry last hit the road for an extensive amount of time in support of her fifth studio album, Witness, which lasted from September 2017 to August 2018
- Katy Perry, Lily Allen, Lindsay Lohan, Adele - 9 celebrities who looked for love on the internet
- Every VMAs Video of the Year Award, Ranked From Worst to Best
- 13 New Movies Streaming on Netflix in July
- Hot metal! Taylor Swift, Beyonce and Rita Ora shine in futuristic silver gowns at New York's Met Gala (but it looks like Emma and Rosie didn't get the memo)
- Thomas Markle opens up Meghan's childhood with trove of unseen photos and videos in extraordinary TV interview in which he insists she and Prince Harry 'owe him' and slams the Royals as 'stiff'
- Markle vs Markle: Meghan's father is set to be star witness against her in High Court showdown as devastating texts expose their bitter war of words over her wedding
- Sanders attacks Biden's record on social security as primary race heats up ahead of Iowa
- Clive Davis: The Last Record Man
- Pussycat Dolls’ first single in a decade leaks online… and only features Nicole Scherzinger’s vocals
- How TV-am created a legion of stars: After Ulrika Jonsson reprised her weather girl role, FEMAIL reveals the VERY different paths its presenters have taken - from prime time stardom to selling jewellery on QVC
- The Masked Singer: Footballer Teddy Sheringham is REVEALED to be Tree... as viewers are left bamboozled by former England star's appearance on the show
- Prince Harry Reveals Whether He and Meghan Markle Will Move to Africa with Baby Archie
- Madonna confirms new album
- Inside Aerosmith’s ‘Deuces Are Wild’ Las Vegas Set List
- Taylor Swift Says Her Upcoming New Music Will Have 'Political Undertones'
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the Movie: D.C.'s Bomb-Throwing New Star Seizes the Sundance Spotlight
- A 'water tower' rooftop bar and breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline: Inside one of New York's most Instagram-worthy hotels
- Smashed cars and Chinese chewing: the five masterpieces of video art
- Bill de Blasio, New York’s Putterer-in-Chief
- Selena Gomez gets ANOTHER new tattoo as she unveils painful-looking Rare inking on her neck in tribute to her latest album
Katy Perry sets the record straight and reveals she 'won't be touring anytime soon' as she promotes new single and video for Small Talk have 776 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 9, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.