Aug 21, 2:53 PM EDT Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury World By AFP News 08/21/19 AT 2:28 PM PreviousNextItaly’s president concluded a first day of crisis talks on Wednesday in a bid to form a new coalition government as a proposed alliance between the anti-establishment Five Star Movement and opposition centre-left Democratic Party appeared to gain traction.President Sergio Mattarella met political figures, including the leaders of both houses of parliament, following the resignation of Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte and the disintegration of Italy’s anti-immigrant government.He will meet the main party chiefs on Thursday.Political manoeuvring to form a new coalition has already started with Democratic Party (PD) leader Nicola Zingaretti saying his members were “united” in making a deal with Five Star (M5S).Mattarella is exploring whether a stable coalition is possible.If not he will consider a short-term technocratic government or a snap election, just 14 months after Conte took the helm of the doomed alliance between the far-right League and M5S.Conte quit on Tuesday after lashing out at Interior Minister Matteo Salvini, who tried to bring down the government to force a snap election and take advantage of a surge in popularity for his League party.’Dark clouds’The move left the eurozone’s… Read full this story
- Saturday Crapshoot: Shadow President
- TECH TREK Early Salvos Launched Ahead of Cybersecurity Talks
- TECH TREK Italy Investigates Apple's Hidden Billion
- Interview: Offtopic Productions Talks Making Mods And Taking Names
- OPINION AMD, HP and How Crisis Can Drive Major Changes
- OPINION Is a Crisis Looming for the Dollar?
- INSIGHTS Tech Industry Gets Political
- Q&A: Certain Affinity's Hoberman Talks , Cross-Platform Politics
- OPINION Schwarzenegger for President?
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Hacker Smack Talk Escalates
Italy's president launches talks to solve political crisis have 276 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.