Aug 21, 11:16 AM EDT Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury World By AFP News 08/21/19 AT 11:06 AM PreviousNextItaly’s president began talks with political leaders on Wednesday in a bid to form a new coalition, as a proposed alliance between the anti-establishment Five Star Movement and opposition centre-left Democratic Party appeared to gain traction.President Sergio Mattarella met with Senate speaker Elisabetta Casellati as two days of talks kicked off following the resignation of Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte and the disintegration of Italy’s anti-immigrant government.Political manoeuvring to form a new coalition has already started with Democratic Party (PD) leader Nicola Zingaretti saying that party members were “united” in making a deal with Five Star (M5S).Mattarella will consider whether a stable coalition is possible.If not he will consider a short-term technocratic government or a snap election, just 14 months after Conte took the helm of the doomed alliance between the far-right League and M5S.Conte quit on Tuesday after lashing out at Interior Minister Matteo Salvini, who tried to bring down the government to force a snap election looking to take advantage of a surge in popularity for his League party.”It is irresponsible to initiate a government crisis. It shows personal and party… Read full this story
- Rajasthan political crisis | Gehlot, Pilot meet ahead of crucial House session
- Rajasthan political crisis | Congress likely to move confidence motion in assembly amid Ashok Gehlot-Sachin Pilot truce
- “The US Is Nowhere”: As The Political Crisis In Belarus Deepens, America Is Conspicuously Absent
- President Trump talks trade with China, immigration policy and the US economy
- Trump aims for convention game change, planning patriotic program and Biden counterattacks
- Lightfoot Stands Alone, Talks Like 'Boss' She Doesn't Want To Be
- President Barack Obama's inauguration speech
- Exclusive — Trump Enumerates Consequences of a Biden Presidency: ‘Chaos in this Country,’ ‘Portlands All Over,’ ‘Stock Market Will Crash’
- Exclusive — Trump on Consequences of a Biden Presidency: ‘Chaos'
- Latter-Day Saints for Trump Group Aims to ‘Energize’ Members to Vote
Italy's president begins talks aiming to solve political crisis have 322 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.