STOCKHOLM — A Swedish court that found American rapper A$AP Rocky guilty of assault for his role in a June 30 street brawl in Stockholm says he and his two bodyguards “assaulted the victim by hitting and kicking him as he lay on the ground.”
During the trial, prosecutors played video footage that showed the rapper, whose real name is Rakim Mayers, throwing a young man to the ground.
Per Lennerbrant, the presiding judge, told a news conference that “the evidence in the case has been complex.”
The victim, 19-year-old Mustafa Jafari, was struck in the back of the head with a bottle but “it could not be established by whom,” he said, adding that “this has affected the assessment of the seriousness of the crime.”
The three avoided prison sentences. They were given conditional sentences and also ordered to a pay a total of 12,500 kronor ($1,307) in compensation.
All three were released Aug. 2 pending the verdict. All returned to the United States and are not legally obliged to be present in Stockholm.
The issue led to a U.S.-Swedish diplomatic spat.
- Appeal Court Rules That The Office of Fair Trading Does Have The Power to Investigate Bank Charges
- New Supreme Court Ruling - Laboratory Analysts Must Now Appear in Court
- Rules For Dating the Aquarius Man
- DNA testing could exonerate man 13 years after he was executed for rape, murder
- Bankruptcy Records Search - Can You Lookup Bankruptcy Court Records & Decisions on the Internet?
- Supreme Court Allows Trump's Transgender Military Ban to Go Into Effect
- Ladder Golf Rules - It's A Different Swing Man!
- Aap Ki Kachehri -Kiran Ke Saath
- North Dakota man allegedly assaulted 9-year-old after being hit by snowball
- The Modern Bodyguard