Say this, Cathedral Catholic looks good in gray. The reigning Open Division champions busted all out new gray threads for their 2019 season opener at home Friday night against La Costa Canyon.As the sartorial theory goes, look sharp, play sharp. The No. 1-ranked Dons looked fantastic and played that way, scoring touchdowns on their first four possessions and rolling to a 42-9 defeat of 8th-ranked La Costa Canyon.For pregame warmups, the Dons wore gray pants with their traditional red jerseys. When they went into the locker room minutes before the game, laid out for the players were matching gray jerseys.“We didn’t know (about the jerseys),” said offensive lineman Holden Brosnan. “It was a huge shock and a blessing.” “The kids have been begging me for about 10 years for gray,” said head coach Sean Doyle. “I kept saying no. They caught me at a weak moment and I put the order in.”Cathedral, which lost the Div. 1-AA state championship game last season, did damage by land and air. Senior Zavien Watson carried 18 times for 139 yards and scored three touchdowns, including a 47-yarder.Junior Christian Hall took a handoff off tackle, hit the sideline, busted a cutback move and darted… Read full this story
- Clothes flipping gains traction in Las Vegas Valley
- Canyon Fire 2: On second day, blaze now 40 percent contained; most evacuations lifted
- Age just a number for streaking Discovery Canyon volleyball in win over The Classical Academy
- Husband and wife die in Costa Rica after she tries saving him from waterfall
- Canyon Springs High School: Shooting Near Las Vegas School, Police Say
- These Southern Californians died in the Las Vegas mass shooting. Here are their stories
- Why Costa Rica Is One Of The Happiest Countries In The World
- Memorial service, 5K among events marking Las Vegas shooting
- Oscar De La Hoya once accused Trump of cheating at golf. Now, he may run for president.
- Sailing La Vagabonde: Meet sailing's most popular vloggers
Cathedral gains bit of revenge against La Costa Canyon have 330 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at August 23, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.