It seems fellow New Jersey-native Jon Bon Jovi is all in on Sen. Cory Booker in the upcoming presidential election.
Previously, the Jersey rockstar had donated $2,800 to Booker’s campaign, according to NJ.com. And he’s been seen at fundraising events hosted by Gov. Phil Murphy, too.
It’s unclear if Bon Jovi performed at the fundraiser or how much money was raised. The New York Post reported tickets cost $1,000, with members of the host committee agreeing to raise at least $15,000.
So far in his race for the democratic seat, Booker has been focusing on swing-state cities in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. And in July, he qualified for the fall presidential debates in September and October. To qualify, he had to have received contributions from at least 130,000 individual donors and polled with at least 2% support in four separate surveys.
- Sen. Cory Booker warns of voter apathy
- Opposites attract: Sens. Cory Booker, Ted Cruz have dinner together
- Sen. Cory Booker offers to help shovel out snowed-in Washington, D.C., residents
- Chris Christie meets with Transporation boss, Sens. Cory Booker and Robert Menendez to discuss $14B tunnel plan
- Sen. Cory Booker unhappy with lack of attention Super Bowl is netting New Jersey
- Breaking bread: Sen. Ted Cruz grabs dinner with Sen. Cory Booker
- Jon Bon Jovi and the 'bold artistry' of giving
- Jon Bon Jovi talks "interdependence" at Philly award
- Pres. Obama on Bon Jovi: He pulls others up with him
- Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi take the fight to Trump