The 33-year-old former Amazon software engineer accused of hacking Capital One made little attempt to hide her attack. In fact, she effectively publicized it. It’s one of many riddles swirling around Paige Thompson, who goes by the online handle “erratic.” Well-known in Seattle’s hacker community, Thompson has lived a life of tumult, with frequent job changes, reported estrangement from family and self-described emotional problems and drug use. FBI agents arrested Thompson Monday for allegedly obtaining personal information from more than 100 million Capital One credit applications, including roughly 140,000 Social Security numbers and 80,000 bank account numbers. There is no evidence the data was sold or distributed to others. Thompson, in federal custody pending an Aug. 15 detention hearing, wasn’t reachable. Her public defender, Mohammad Hamoudi, did not return an emailed request for comment. Apple has long touted its commitment to protecting customer data, but according to a new report from The Guardian, humans are listening in on conversations with Apple’s voice assistant Siri. According to an anonymous whistleblower, Apple contractors regularly eavesdrop on recordings with medical information, drug deals and even intimate moments. (Published Tuesday, July 30, 2019) But her online behavior suggested that she may have been preparing to get… Read full this story
- TDP blocks bill to establish 3 capitals in AP Legislative Council
- The Pyonghattan project: how North Korea's capital is transforming into a 'socialist fairyland'
- What we know about the alleged Jeff Bezos phone hack so far
- Hackers looking into injecting card stealing code on routers, rather than websites
- Ransomware, snooping and attempted shutdowns: See what hackers did to these systems left unprotected online
- Sarah Ferguson calls Prince Andrew 'this giant of a principled man' as she calls on ex-husband to 'stand firm' over Jeffrey Epstein sex allegations in extraordinary Instagram post supporting her ex-husband ahead of tonight's BBC interview
- North Korean Hackers Make Millions Stealing from Banks - Report
- Comcast allegedly trying to block CenturyLink from entering its territory
- Dems Latest Narrative: Russians Interfering to Fuel Biden Corruption Questions
- Democrats’ Latest Narrative: Russians Interfering to Fuel Biden Corruption Questions
Alleged Capital 1 Hacker Barely Bothered to Hide have 333 words, post on www.nbcmiami.com at August 1, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.