Updated 3:41 pm CDT, Friday, August 9, 2019 ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greek authorities say two people were killed and one seriously injured when two boats collided near a popular resort in the southern Peloponnese region. The coast guard says the accident happened late Friday near Porto Heli, about 200 kilometers (125 miles) south of the capital, Athens. It says a 10-meter (30-foot) inflatable speedboat with eight to 10 foreign nationals on board slammed into a five-meter (15-foot) wooden boat carrying three Greeks. The smaller boat sank and the two men on it were recovered dead. The third Greek on wooden boat was a woman who was severely injured. It was not immediately clear whether any of the speedboat passengers was injured or missing, or precisely how the accident occurred.
- One person is dead and two are critically injured after Las Vegas-based tour bus carrying 48 people to Grand Canyon rolls
- PICTURED: Female assassin gang member who shot dead a former Mexican governor in the back of the head inside a restaurant bathroom as cops offer $50,000 reward for her arrest
- Greek ex-minister found dead at sea
- Two accidents on Mumbai-Pune express highway; 3 dead, 10 injured
- Shocking moment woman is savaged by shark while diving in Red Sea resort popular with Brits
- West Bengal: 13 killed, 18 injured in road accident due to fog at Dhupguri
- 15 dead, 6 injured after truck runs over labourers sleeping on footpath in Gujarat’s Surat, PM Narendra Modi announces Rs 2 lakh ex gratia
- Bus heading to Grand Canyon rolls over; 1 dead, 2 critical
- Three-car crash on State Highway 1 near Whangarei leaves one dead
- Eight killed in shark attacks in 2020 as Australia records deadliest frenzy for nearly 100 years
2 dead, 1 injured when 2 boats collide near Greek resort have 261 words, post on www.chron.com at August 9, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.