A break down in the set at 5-2, Kyrgios motioned to serve usually, bouncing the ball twice before whipping a slice forehand into the opposing service box, catching the Spaniard flat-footed.
Kyrgios had already incensed the 18-time Grand Slam champion earlier this year when he attempted the manoeuvre at the Mexican Open.
We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view.
From 15p €0.18 $0.18 USD 0.27 a day, more exclusives, analysis and extras.
“He is a player who has ginormous talent,” Nadal said after that incident. “He could win Grand Slams and fight the top positions of the ranking, but there is a reason why he is where he is.
“He lacks respect for the public, the rival and towards himself.”
The serve during the pair’s second-round match in SW19 appeared to be a deliberate tactic by the Australian to aggravate Nadal, with the Spaniard taking a toilet break before Kyrgios was due to serve shortly afterwards in a thinly-veiled response.
The pair’s storied rivalry began in 2013 when Kygrios defeated Nadal in the fourth round at Wimbledon while still a teenager to announce himself on the world stage.
Nadal’s uncle, Toni, previously claimed Kyrgios is “bad for tennis” and that he is devoid of “education and smartness”.
Kyrgios retaliated by claiming that Nadal was “super-salty” and “literally my polar opposite”.
Kyrgios spent the night before the match drinking in a pub in Wimbledon Village till past 11 o’clock. However, he still went on to level the match at one apiece after a fiery second set.
- Andy Murray enjoys hugely encouraging comeback at Queen's but narrowly loses to Nick Kyrgios
- Andy Murray still unsure over Wimbledon despite encouraging return in defeat to Nick Kyrgios
- U.S. Open 2018: Roger Federer breezes through as Nick Kyrgios frustrates again
- Nick Kyrgios Was Struggling. The Chair Umpire Stepped Down and Stepped In.
- Nick Kyrgios signs off at Wimbledon with loss to Kei Nishikori
- Nick Kyrgios says nerves behind struggles against Kei Nishikori as unpredictable Aussie signs off at Wimbledon
- US Open 2018: Roger Federer breezes through as Nick Kyrgios frustrates again
- Chair umpire’s talk with Nick Kyrgios sparks controversy
- U.S. Open 2018: Roger Federer cruises to set up Nick Kyrgios clash
- US Open umpire gives pep talk urging Nick Kyrgios to try harder during middle of match
- My final straw with Nick Kyrgios
- C'mon Nick, sledging has no place in tennis
- A tale of two Nicks
- Federer Works His Magic Against Kyrgios, and Kyrgios Loves It
- Rafael Nadal fights back from a set and a break down to survive major US Open scare against Karen Khachanov
- Chair Umpire Who Counseled Kyrgios Is Suspended by ATP Tour
- Revealed: Petra Kvitova and Rafael Nadal took longest between points at Australian Open
- Federer laughs off serving imitation from Kyrgios
- Wimbledon 2018 draw: Andy Murray faces Benoit Paire and avoids Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal
- Federer back at number one after edging out Kyrgios
Watch Nick Kyrgios enrage Rafafel Nadal with underarm serve have 509 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at July 4, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.