The fate of a Devon dog is unknown after a seagull swooped down and carried the miniature chihuahua away in its beak, its owner said.
Becca Hill, 24, of Paignton, is hoping four-year-old Gizmo will be found alive.
“My partner was in the garden putting the washing out at the time and suddenly he saw it swoop down. It carried Gizmo a fair way as we couldn’t see him anymore. I have no idea if he was dropped or where he is now,” Ms Hill told the Devon Live website.
She also posted about Gizmo on Facebook. “Please, please, please, anyone finds a chihuahua he’s mine, a seagull took him from my garden,” she wrote.
Ms Hill said her six-year-old daughter is “really upset” and “missing her dog”.
Fortunately, the child did not witness Gizmo being taken away.
Anyone with information on where Gizmo is is asked to call 07774724797.
- Underdogs steal show at Westminster
- Dogs ready to wow at Westminster
- Banana Joe wins top-dog honors
- Seagull Vs. Stadium Super Truck … Guess How This Ends
- Six new breeds at 2011 dog show
- Westminster Dog Show gets new look
- New tech tricks at Westminster dog show
- Lance among dog fans at Westminster
- Westminster set to pick top dog
- Many winners in Day 1 of dog show