Getting seamless wireless coverage throughout your home can be a frustrating task with normal Wi-Fi routers. Adding wireless repeaters works to an extent, but it ends up degrading the network performance. Mesh Wi-Fi router systems can help overcome this while adding a bunch of useful features. Nokia launched its first mesh Wi-Fi router system, Beacon 3, last year. The company is now expanding its range with a new, affordable mesh Wi-Fi router called Beacon 1.Nokia’s new Beacon 1 mesh Wi-Fi system is an affordable alternative to the Beacon 3, while still carrying some of the features of the previous variant. Beacon 1 supports 802.11ac and can be used as a standalone Wi-Fi router or as a Wi-Fi range extender around your house, to remove dead spots.Beacon 1 supports a dual-band wireless system and features a simple-to-use setup procedure. Users can simply scan a QR code via a mobile app. It’s also easier to add additional Beacon units via a simple plug-and-play setup. You can also add Beacon 1 to extend the coverage of your existing Beacon 3 setup.While Beacon 1 also supports 802.11ac, just like the Beacon 3, its bandwidth is capped at AC1200 speeds. The mesh Wi-Fi router features… Read full this story
- Netgear’s Alexa-enabled Orbi Voice Mesh Wi-Fi speaker blankets your home in Wi-Fi and sound
- How to buy a Wi-Fi router
- What's Your Favorite Wi-Fi Router?
- Google’s new Nest router doesn’t use Wi-Fi 6. Here’s why that’s shortsighted
- What the Google Street View Wi-Fi Decision Actually Means
- What Is 802.11ac and Will It Make My Wi-Fi Faster?
- Plume Adaptive Wi-Fi review
- How fast is Wi-Fi 6? Here are our latest speed test results
- Wi-Fi 6 May Be Faster, But It's Also More Challenging for IT
- How to extend Wi-Fi range with another router
Nokia Beacon 1 Is an Entry-Level Mesh Wi-Fi Router That Aims to Take on Amazon and Google have 298 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at July 10, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.