After several days filled with congressional controversy, Rev. Patrick Conroy, the official House chaplain, called for the Almighty to “cast out all spirits of darkness,” the Washington Examiner is reporting. Conroy comments came at the start of his opening prayer on the House floor Thursday. “This has been a difficult and contentious week in which darker spirits seem to have been at play in the people’s House,” he said. “In your most holy name, I now cast out all spirits of darkness from this chamber. Spirits not from you. “I cast out the spirit of discouragement, which deadens the hope of those who are of good will. I cast out the spirit of petty divisiveness, which clouds the sense and the desire to be of fruitful productivity in addressing the issues more appropriately before this House. I cast out any sadness brought on by the frustration of dealing with matters detrimental to the honorable work each member has been called to engage in.” The Examiner noted Conroy is a lawyer and a Jesuit priest.
- Matt Smith is in good spirits as he cheers on rowers taking part in a race across the Atlantic ocean amid shock 'split' from Lily James
- 'Game of Thrones' Prequel Casts Naomi Watts, but From Which Great House Will She Hail?
- Dark Souls 2 review – a brutal, mysterious, astonishing game
- Star Trek: Picard – What’s the UK release date and who’s in the cast with Patrick Stewart?
- Shining and IT Easter Eggs Discovered in The Dark Tower Trailer
- Maureen McCormick talks favorite part of White House Christmas special: 'It was magical'
- Trump Quotes Bane from Dark Knight Rises in Inauguration Speech?
- A hike to make the spirits soar: The lakes and valleys of Switzerland are a pure delight for walkers
- The Hill's Morning Report — Sponsored by AdvaMed — House panel delays impeachment vote until Friday
- Call The Midwife FIRST LOOK: Nonnatus House faces a VERY woolly obstruction as they hit the road to film the Christmas special
House Chaplain: 'Cast Out All Spirits of Darkness' have 325 words, post on www.newsmax.com at July 18, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.