BURLINGTON, Vt. — Authorities say a goose that got stuck in a pizza delivery driver’s car grille in Vermont is expected to make a full recovery.
Driver Ryan Harrington tells WCAX-TV he saw a goose waddling across the road in Burlington on Saturday. He slammed his brakes but heard a thud and knew he struck the bird. But he wasn’t prepared to see it stuck in his car — and alive — when he returned to work.
His manager got through to a police dispatcher who alerted authorities and a nonprofit animal rescue group. The fire department arrived to help free the goose, named Roberto, or Roberta if it’s a girl.
The goose was taken to a wildlife rehabber in Poultney who says it may have a broken pelvis, but they expect it will survive.
- Good Boy, Bad Driver
- Eyesight Technologies’ in-car A.I. can tell when drivers smoke or use phones
- Uber Drivers Ask 'Where Are The Answers?' In Shitshow Q&A
- Swiveling seats and sound 'bubbles': What the inside of cars will soon be like
- A game changer is coming for electric car owners
- How tech is making trucks comfier, smoother, and better for everyday drivers
- 95% of drivers will use in-car voice assistants in next three years, study says
- Man 'lucky to be alive' after car overturned when two cars 'drove straight for it'
- I Finally Got to See Volkswagen of Mexico's Secret Car Collection
- This Oddly Cute Little Car Was the First Mass-Produced 4x4 Passenger Car Even Before the Jeep