British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt voiced optimism on Monday that the diplomatic impasse over the Iran nuclear deal could be resolved. “Iran is still a good year away from developing a nuclear bomb,” allowing a “small window to keep the deal alive,” Hunt told reporters as he arrived for talks with EU foreign ministers in Brussels. The meeting in the Belgian capital aimed to come up with a plan to defuse tensions between Tehran and Washington and salvage the embattled nuclear deal Iran signed with world powers in 2015. The EU’s foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini said in a press briefing that the agreement was “not in good health but still alive.” Mogherini said that the EU maintains hope that Tehran will return to “full compliance” with the accord, despite recent breaches. For now, the bloc does not view the breaches as significant enough to trigger the so-called “dispute mechanism” for non-compliance stipulated in the agreement, with diplomacy at the forefront of the agenda in order to ease tensions. Mogherini added: “For the time being, none of the parties to the agreement has signaled their intention to invoke this article.” Read more: Opinion: Iran’s calculated escalation in the Persian Gulf A ‘way out’ for Iran Under the deal, Iran agreed to curb its atomic… Read full this story
- Iran's Zarif Blasts US Treasury as 'Jail Warden' Amid Scramble to Save Iran Nuke Deal, Sanctions Row
- Donald Trump withdraws US from Iran nuclear deal: How the world reacted
- Iran nuclear-deal crisis: Is war with the US ahead?
- Opinion: Trump's Iran nuclear deal exit dangerous for the world
- Israel divided over Donald Trump's withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal
- Donald Trump announces US withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal
- Germany reaffirms Iran nuclear deal but business worries abound
- Trump pulls US out of Iran nuclear deal in major blow for allies
- European powers warn on Iran nuclear deal
- Germany fights to salvage Iran nuclear deal as deadline looms
Britain sees 'small window' to save Iran nuclear deal have 317 words, post on www.dw.com at July 15, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.