The Associated Press
Published 7:40 AM EDT Jul 16, 2019
Rochester, N.Y. – A 3-year-old boy died after falling into an underground grease collection tank behind an upstate New York fast-food restaurant.
Rochester Police Investigator Frank Camp says the boy fell through a plastic cover into the grease trap behind a Tim Hortons restaurant Monday morning. Witnesses pulled the unidentified child out and administered CPR.
Camp says the child was pronounced dead at Strong Memorial Hospital. He called the incident an “unspeakable tragedy.”
Restaurant grease traps are designed to keep used oil and grease out of sewer systems.
Alabama lawmakers passed legislation requiring more secure covers after a 3-year-old girl died in a 6-foot-deep grease trap in Auburn, Alabama, in October 2017.
In Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 5-year-old girl was rescued after falling into a grease trap in March 2018.
- Dopey Old Couple Almost Dies After 13 Hours Trapped In Unlocked Mazda
- Donald Trump falls into teen trap, hissy-tweets Megyn Kelly
- How to clean your grill and fall in love with your BBQ again
- Women Don't Need Restaurants for Women, Just Give Us the Goddamn Steak
- Fallout 4’s extravagant Pip-boy Edition is back at the lower price of £70 on consoles
- The Worst Restaurant Bosses Ever
- It’s time for the extra life to die
- Restaurant Customers Whose Order Came With a Side of Revenge
- Startup seeks to make biodiesel from commercial kitchen grease
- 23 Toys That Will Occupy Your Kid at a Restaurant (That Are Not an iPad)