To commemorate Father’s Day, Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, shared a new photograph of son Archie.
The pair’s official Instagram account shared the sepia-toned picture on Instagram Sunday morning. The snapshot, the first to depict the 1-month-old royal’s face, shows the baby grasping his father’s forefinger and staring into the camera lens.
“Happy Father’s Day! And wishing a very special first Father’s Day to The Duke of Sussex,” the caption read.
Within six hours, the post on the official @SussexRoyal account racked up more than 1.5 million likes and thousands of adoring comments.
Archie, whose full name is Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, was born on May 6 and weighed a healthy 7 lbs, 3 oz. Following the birth, Prince Harry issued glowing praise about his wife and said the pair were doing “incredibly well.”
“It’s been the most amazing experience I could ever have possibly imagined,” he said.
“How any woman does what they do is beyond comprehension but we’re both absolutely thrilled and so grateful for all the love and support from everybody out there. It’s been amazing.”
On Mother’s Day in May, @SussexRoyal account shared another photo of baby Archie, showing only his tiny feet against a backdrop of forget-me-nots, which many interpreted as a nod toward Princess Diana.
“Paying tribute to all mothers today – past, present, mothers-to-be, and those lost but forever remembered,” the caption read. “We honor and celebrate each and every one of you.”
A short poem from writer Nayyirah Waheed was also attached to the post:
More photos of the youngest royal, who is 7th in line for the throne, are expected in July, when the royal christening is reportedly scheduled to take place.
According to the Sunday Times , Harry and Duchess Meghan have chosen St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle for the ceremony, the same venue in which the pair were married on May 19, 2018. The christening will be conducted Rev David Conner, who serves as the Dean of Windsor, and Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, who also officiated the pair’s wedding.
Markle attended her first public, royal engagement since the birth at last week’s Trooping the Colour celebration, an annual parade marking the official birthday of the sovereign. It’s a tradition that dates back to at least the 17th century.
Although Markle did not make any public comments during the lavish event, the American-born royal smiled and waved to throngs of supporters along with the rest of the royal family.
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry ‘unlikely’ to bring Archie, Lilibet on UK trip
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'incredibly humbled' after being honoured with award
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'humbled and incredibly honoured' to receive humanitarian award
- Meghan Markle news: ‘Shameful’ Prince Harry & Duchess SLAMMED as ‘extremists’ for ‘behaving very badly to make money’
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's return to UK questioned by Piers Morgan - 'For charity?'
- Prince Harry and Meghan's surprise visit to UK will clash with important date for Queen
- Why Meghan Markle is a Princess - royal title explained
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'don't want to create fanfare' with UK visit
- 'Thorny issues' Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s ‘real story’ behind UK visit laid bare
- 'Huge shock' Meghan Markle 'taken aback' by Harry revelations as 'raw feelings' emerge
- Trial date set for Meghan Markle's sister suing Duchess over 'rags to riches' claim
- 'Under pressure' Prince Harry felt heat on last UK trip amid simmering Royal Family rift
- Meghan Markle's workwear wardrobe - how to emulate her for the office
- Shocking royal hair transformations: Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, Princess Diana & more
- Prince Harry's reaction to Kate Middleton at royal wedding goes viral
- Frogmore Cottage: A look at Harry and Meghan's Windsor home and its regal history
- Meghan and Harry's 'magic dust has dulled' as Sussexes' Hollywood careers slammed
- Harry and Meghan warned their 'millions could dry up faster than a Californian lake'
- Queen Elizabeth’s Plans ‘Cannot Be Moved’ for Harry and Meghan: Palace Source
- Meghan and Harry will live just 800m away from William and Kate on UK visit next month – but will SNUB chance to meet
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry share sweet new photo of baby Archie for Father's Day have 676 words, post on www.newsweek.com at June 16, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.