Share Tweet Email Politics Share: Share Tweet Email President Donald Trump arrives for a meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the Blue House in Seoul, Sunday, June 30, 2019. Share: Share Tweet Email AP SEOUL, South Korea — President Donald Trump will meet Sunday with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un at the Demilitarized Zone separating the North and South, a day after he issued an unprecedented invitation and expressed willingness to cross the border for what would be a history-making photo op.South Korean President Moon Jae-in announced that Kim accepted Trump’s invitation to meet when the U.S. president visits the heavily fortified site at the Korean border village of Panmunjom.Moon praised the two leaders for “being so brave” to hold the meeting and said, “I hope President Trump will go down in history as the president who achieves peace on Korean Peninsula.”Trump said he looked forward to meeting with Kim, but sought to tamp down expectations, predicting it would be “very short,” he said. “Virtually a handshake, but that’s OK. A handshake means a lot.”Officials spent Sunday morning working out logistical and security details, Trump said during an earlier appearance with Moon.The invitation, while long rumored in diplomatic… Read full this story
- Kim Jong Un's death could force US and South Korea to take military action that would 'make Afghanistan and Iraq pale in comparison', experts warn
- North Korea denies Kim Jong Un sent Trump a 'nice note'
- North Korea denies Donald Trump’s claims Kim Jong-un sent him a ‘nice note’ and vows to investigate ‘ungrounded story’
- Trump Sets Foot in North Korea as Critics Slam Him for Getting Cozy with Dictator Kim Jong Un
- Trump says he doesn't know whether Kim Jong Un is ill but wishes him luck
- Rumours about Kim Jong-un's health intensify as Chinese medical team is sent to North Korea to advise on his care after 'heart surgery' during coronavirus outbreak
- The mystery surrounding Kim Jong Un: What's going on with the North Korean dictator's health?
- Trump still glad to call Kim Jong-un his friend
- Kim Jong Un’s Winter Olympics ‘Army of Beauties’—and Me
- North Korea denies that Kim sent Trump 'a nice note'
Donald Trump to meet with Kim Jong Un at Demilitarized Zone have 363 words, post on abc7news.com at June 29, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.