Susan Selasky Detroit Free Press
Published 7:06 AM EDT Jun 28, 2019
A new ranking of the best pizza places in North America is out and three metro area places made the list. The 50 Top Pizza awards included beloved local chain Buddy’s Pizza, plus Cloverleaf Pizza and Grandma Bob’s.
Buddy’s, known for its Detroit-style pizza with a crispy, caramelized crust, ranked at No. 16 on the list.
Coming in at No. 23 on the list was Cloverleaf in Eastpointe, with several locations, Cloverleaf bills itself as offering the original Detroit-style square pizza.
Grandma Bob’s ranked No. 45 on the list. The new pizza eatery in Corktown is where you will find coney pizza and a taco pizza on the menu.
Razza Pizza Artigianale in New Jersey took the No. 1 spot as the best pizzeria in North America.
The North American panel for the international organization was coordinated by New York’s James Beard Foundation.
You’ll find a list of all the top 50 rankings at https://www.50toppizza.it/en/50-top-northern-america-2019/.
More: Detroit Optimist Society brings coney pizzas to Corktown at Grandma Bob’s
More: Top 5 burgers to try in metro Detroit this summer
More: Ann Arbor’s Ruth’s Chris Steak House: Get a free steak if your name is Chris, Christina
Contact Susan Selasky: 313-222-6872 or [email protected], Follow @SusanMariecooks on Twitter.
- 6 Los Angeles-area pizza places romantic enough for date night
- Man charged in Detroit-area shooting captured in Illinois
- eXp Realty Adds Top Agents and Teams Across North America
- England's hopes of hosting 2030 World Cup boosted by North America's 2026 win
- Williams Scotsman, Leading Provider of Temporary Modular Space in North America, to Ring Nasdaq Opening Bell
- The secret is out about Detroit-style pizza — but is that a bad thing?
- Money.com dubbed 2 Mass. locales as 'Best Places to Live in America'
- Rutgers football: What is Detroit-style pizza? A postcard from the Motor City
- Review: Yay! Four New Portland Pizza Places to Try!
- These Detroit-area festivals will get you to the end of summer and through the fall