SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — The Latest on recommendations to improve the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (all times local): 12 p.m. Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker says he will quickly adopt every recommendation made in a report on suggested improvements to the Department of Children and Family Services. The Democrat and DCFS Director Marc Smith faced reporters Wednesday after releasing a review of the child-welfare agency by the University of Chicago’s Chapin Hall research center. The report found that DCFS often endangers children with its focus on keeping troubled families intact. Pritzker says the work has begun with a DCFS review of 1,100 cases to ensure that proper steps were taken. The agency’s actions have been questioned in the cases of three children under its care who have died since January. Pritzker says DCFS will create a “crisis intervention team” to immediately intervene when a child has died to review and recommend changes to prevent future deaths.
- Elizabeth Warren Pledges ‘Executive Action in Every Corner’ for Gun Control
- Okanagan Similkameen school board chair calls for ‘immediate action’ on youth vaping
- Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe looking for immediate action from Justin Trudeau
- The Latest: Greece pledges to toughen asylum procedure
- Get The Latest Hoops and Celebrity Action With Official NBA All-Star 2013 App for iPhone
- UK weather latest: Met Office issues floods and 60mph gales warning - ‘Danger to life’
- The latest news on the impeachment inquiry at the end of another busy week
- Lampert Helps Bankroll Sears as Woes Persist After Bankruptcy
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Miranda Hart praises Meghan Markle for speaking about her woes in ITV documentary - after revealing her own battle with anxiety
- Boeing's latest 737 Max problems could come at huge cost
The Latest: Pritzker pledges immediate action on DCFS woes have 288 words, post on www.startribune.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.