Tesla approved a huge compensation plan for Elon Musk last year. But none of it has materialized yet. Max Whittaker/Getty Images You may think that a celebrity tech mogul like Elon Musk would pay himself handsomely even if his company struggles to turn a profit. But according to the Tesla CEO’s own calculation, last year he was paid less than $0 for running the electric carmaker.Musk revealed his real compensation during a Twitter conversation with a Tesla fan on Wednesday, writing that “I paid most of my Tesla-related expenses too. Tesla last year was actually net negative [compensation] for me.”Subscribe to Observer’s Business NewsletterMusk tweeted in response to a post by Tesla4Ever, a Tesla fan account, which challenged a Business Insider article last week headlined, “Elon Musk made more in 2018 than the next 65 highest-paid CEOs combined, according to a report.”Citing a New York Times executive compensation study, the article claimed that Musk had made $2.3 billion in stock options in 2018, which made him the highest paid executive among 200 CEOs of large publicly traded companies.Tesla4Ever argued that it was simply not true. In a post addressed to the Business Insider report’s author, Andy Kiersz, the Tesla fan account claimed… Read full this story
- Elon Musk says Tesla owners may soon be able to choose fart and goat sounds as customized horns on the cars
- Elon Musk says Tesla ‘cybertruck’ to be unlike any other vehicle on the road
- Elon Musk says 'pedo guy' tweet was not accusation
- Elon Musk vows to install 'Powerpack' batteries at some electric car charging points in California that have been cut off due to wildfires - but drivers will still have to pay
- Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy flies again: Incredible moment SpaceX lands THREE boosters back on Earth after successfully completing the second-ever flight and first commercial mission of its megarocket
- Elon Musk and Tesla are impossible to root for, but we’re doing it anyway
- Elon Musk: Why Tesla CEO admitted 'pretty big AI mistake caused tragedy of errors'
- Elon Musk trolls 'virgin' Fortnite players, game fights back
- 'Croatian Elon Musk' unveils 256mph ELECTRIC car with 2,000 horsepower and 340-mile range on a single charge
- Elon Musk's Mars rocket takes shape: New photos reveal the clearest look yet at progress on the Starship prototype
Tesla CEO Elon Musk Says He Made Less Than $0 in 2018 have 389 words, post on observer.com at May 30, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.