Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday that negotiations with the United States might be possible if Washington lifts sanctions against Iran. His remarks might not represent a sea change in Iran’s position, but they are at least stylistically different from the string of Iranian officials who have declared negotiations are impossible under any circumstances.“Whenever they lift the unjust sanctions and fulfill their commitments and return to the negotiations table, which they left themselves, the door is not closed. But our people judge you by your actions, not your words,” Rouhani said on Iranian state television, only a day after the Iranian Foreign Ministry’s latest insistence that negotiations are unthinkable. Rouhani made similar comments during a meeting with his cabinet on Wednesday, saying the door will be open for talks if the United States “chooses another way and returns to justice and law.” “The road is not closed for them, whenever they put aside their cruel sanctions and return to the negotiation table that they left,” he told the cabinet. He spoke on the occasion of “Quds Day,” Iran’s annual celebration of “resistance” against Israel. Al-Quds is the Arabic name for Jerusalem. Iran’s notorious Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), recently… Read full this story
- Iran takes sanctions dispute to UN’s highest tribunal
- Iran vows to defy US sanctions and resist 'psychological warfare' as embargo takes hold
- Trump’s tough line on Iran risks backlash at U.N.
- The UN General Assembly Turns Into A Fight Between Trump And Iran
- Sanctions: Iran says nuke deal talks would require new US 'approach'
- Iran vows to 'break' US sanctions
- Iran says it will resist 'economic war' as U.S. revives curbs
- U.S. reimposes tough curbs on Iran, Tehran hits at 'bullying'
- Unease, anger in Tehran's Grand Bazaar, Iran's beating heart
- Bolton warns Iran of 'hell to pay' if US citizens harmed
Rouhani: Iran Might Talk with U.S. if Sanctions Are Lifted have 319 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 29, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.