PUBLISHED: 18:00 15 May 2019 Charlotte Smith-Jarvis Rachael Parke, whose job caused so much stress she suffered a stroke aged just 44 Picture: Chris Betts Chris Betts Photography This Mental Health Awareness Week we spoke to Norfolk front of house restaurant manager Rachael who said working in the catering industry nearly killed her. Long hours. The rising cost of food and staff. Difficulties in recruitment. A public willing to throw you under the bus on sites such as Tripadvisor for even the tiniest mistake. Who’d run a restaurant these days? Who’d work in food?Alcoholism, drug use and depression are rife across the industry, with more chefs and front of house staff than ever before saying their wellbeing has been affected by their career. And yet…it’s a job from which many they say they’ll never waver. A passion. A calling.Rachael Parke, manager of Number 29 in Burnham Market knows only too well what working all the hours God sends can do to your body. This is her story.”What I lived for nearly killed me! Here is the recipe:1. Regularly work 70 hours a week.2. Consume high levels of alcohol.3. Eat quick fix foods to get by.4. Snack late at night.5. Skip… Read full this story
- My stroke at 44 from the stress of always saying 'YES': She was a frantically busy mum juggling a career as a novelist. Here, in a piece every people-pleasing woman should read, JO JAKEMAN issues a stark warning
- We cater for all: I was applying for 100 jobs a week before I got the kitchen buzz
- Grieving father urges parents to put family life before their jobs in gut-wrenching letter after his eight-year-old son died suddenly in his sleep
- Cannabis smokers may be two-and-a-half times more likely to suffer a stroke 'because compounds in the drug can narrow blood vessels in the brain'
- Mum thought son, 7, was being silly at his party - but he was having a stroke
- People working long hours are almost a THIRD more likely to suffer a stroke
- America's aging dams could put tens of thousands of people across 44 states at risk of deadly floods as 1,700 are rated 'poor or unsatisfactory'
- First day on the job: Meet Germany's new far-right politicians
- BE-BTech jobs: NHDC job openings for 21 apprentice vacancies announced; How to apply?
- What's the Best Job in America for 2019? Data Scientist
"My job gave me a stroke at 44" have 395 words, post on www.edp24.co.uk at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.