INDIANAPOLIS — Fernando Alonso did everything in his power to put McLaren in the Indianapolis 500. He drove flat-out when his car was loose, when it wouldn’t steer and when it had a punctured tire. When his team put together a desperate final setup and no one had a clue how it would perform, he charged wide-open into the first turn at Indianapolis Motor Speedway with zero fear. “I tried. I tried my best,” he said. His effort could not overcome the mistakes made by McLaren in its hyped return to the Indy 500. Alonso was bumped from the field by 23-year-old Kyle Kaiser in a dramatic last-gasp bid by tiny Juncos Racing. McLaren came to Indy with every inch of its car sold in sponsorship and guaranteed to turn a profit. Juncos Racing lost its two primary sponsors right before opening day and spent most of this week in an unmarked white car. Juncos was the underdog from the start, and when Kaiser crashed Friday and destroyed the car, every one of Ricardo Junco’s employees worked through the night to put together a car for Kaiser to qualify. “We worked 48 straight hours, we couldn’t think straight,” Juncos said…. Read full this story
- 'It was a bit of a rough ride:' Indy 500 car flies through the air and rips in half in terrifying crash - before the driver WALKS AWAY
- Alonso wellicht niet verder met Toyota in WEC-seizoen 2019-20
- Going behind the scenes at McLaren with Sky VIP
- Chelsea star Marcos Alonso wanted by Atletico Madrid in January in Morata-style loan with view to permanent transfer
- India vs West Indies Highlights, 1st Test Day 2: India In Control As Windies Lose 6 Wickets For Under 100
- India vs West Indies ODI series - what's at stake really?
- High street giant Boots steps in to save the Mothercare brand as chemist announces it will sell babywear chain's clothes after it fell into administration
- One small step for man: Neil Armstrong's boot sold for $49,000 as part of an out of this world 'space auction'
- Mothercare rescues UK presence with Boots supply deal
- Lady Gaga rocks t-shirt and knee-high boots to greet fans after her Apollo Theater performance in NYC
Kaiser boots Alonso, McLaren from Indy 500 have 371 words, post on www.newstribune.com at May 19, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.