Updated 2:59 am CDT, Tuesday, May 21, 2019 MILAN (AP) — Italy’s interior minister says an immigrant from North Africa has been arrested for an arson fire at a police station in northern Italy that killed two and injured more than a dozen. Matteo Salvini announced the arrest on Twitter Tuesday, adding that “eliminating illegal immigration to Italy and Europe is a moral duty: Everyone home.” The news agency ANSA reported that the fire overnight killed two people living in apartments above the ground-floor police station in Mirandola, north of Bologna, and injuring more than a dozen others, two seriously. The victims, a 74-year-old woman and her live-in caretaker, were killed in an explosion. ANSA said the suspect broke into the police station and set the fire. A motive was not clear.
- Immigrant accused in girlfriend’s death was a former ‘coyote’ — a human smuggler — and killer in Honduras: detectives
- Two years later, immigrant wife’s death in Bensonhurst fire haunts husband
- Italian politician apologizes for comparing nation's first black Cabinet minister to an orangutan
- Prosecutor may seek death penalty against undocumented worker accused of killing 64-year-old California woman
- 'Angel of Death' nurse apologizes for taking selfie with corpse
- Netanyahu: 'Hamas Wants Civilian Deaths in Gaza for PR Fodder'
- Iconic Okla. Sportscaster Killed in Accident Involving Illegal Immigrant
- Owners of Bensonhurst fire trap where five immigrants died in an arson fire hit with manslaughter and other charges
- 'I'm a natural-born seducer': Disgraced former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi reveals too much in new book
- Readers sound off on immigration, solitary confinement and cooking shows
Italian minister says immigrant accused of arson deaths have 252 words, post on www.chron.com at May 21, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.