David Cameron’s memoir will finally be released in September – a month before the deadline for Britain to leave the EU.
Publishers Harper Collins have confirmed the book’s title will be “For the Record”, and it will be released on September 19.
And for those who dream about having the former Prime Minister’s words whispered directly into their ears, an audiobook version of the tome will be released on the same day.
Mr Cameron, who promised the EU referendum as part of the Tory manifesto in 2015, is understood to have privately promised Theresa May he would not publish the memoir until after Britain had left the European Union so as “not to rock the boat”.
In a tweet, Harper Collins said: “We are pleased to announce that William Collins – an imprint of HarperCollins UK – will publish former Prime Minister David Cameron's autobiography this autumn.
“FOR THE RECORD will be released on Thursday 19th September, in hardback, ebook and audio.”
The publisher acquired the world rights to the memoir in 2016 in a deal reportedly worth £800,000.
At the time the publisher said the book was “a frank and personal account” of Cameron’s reign at Number 10, and had been scheduled for publication last year.
In 2017 Mr Cameron reportedly paid £25,000 on a posh shed in which to write his opus.
- All you need to know about the Championship fixture release date
- Cameron 'personally requested Obama's back of the queue Brexit warning'
- Brussels calls on UK to ‘lay our cards on the table’ so we can cut a Brexit deal by end of the year
- Davis draws up Irish 'buffer zone' plan to square Brexit customs circle
- David Davis skips committee grilling fuelling concern of Brexit plan delay
- Government’s lack of progress on Brexit ridiculous, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Key questions in big week for Brexit in the House of Commons
- How Pollsters Helped Hedge Funds Beat the Pound's Brexit Crash
- Who is David Davis? Brexit Secretary and Tory MP for Haltemprice and Howden
- David Davis 'Could Quit Cabinet' If May Refuses To Specify Time-Limit On EU Customs Ties
- Two years on: six of the worst Brexit predictions
- Crunch time for talks as Brexit looms
- Brexit is going to happen, Anna, so YOU suck it up and let democracy speak
- Theresa May Is Winning On Brexit
- Opinion: The David Davis resignation crisis is over for today – but this is just the start of troubles to come
- Will David Davis resign today over Brexit backstop and when else has he threatened to stand down?
- David Davis challenges Michel Barnier to speed up Brexit negotiations for trade deal
- For Love Island star Hayley and anyone else who’s never heard of Brexit – here’s why it’s all about to get messy again
- The Book List: From Alan Bennett to Margaret Atwood – the top reads on BookCrossing
- U.K. Offers New Visa to Attract Entrepreneurs Deterred by Brexit
David Cameron book release date confirmed - and it's before the Brexit deadline have 503 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 16, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.