San Diego’s Celebrity Golf Championship needed a change.It had a run of 20 consecutive years in North County at Morgan Run and La Costa, and tournament director David Miller felt that varied scenery, access to different sports fans, and a chance to unwind at a casino would give the event a boost.He feels like he found the perfect spot in East County.The championship is being played for the first time at the Singing Hills Golf Resort at Sycuan. The event officially begins on Friday with the start of a two-day celebrity-am tournament on the Willow Course. The celebrity’s scores on Saturday count toward their 36-hole total of the official tournament that concludes on Sunday, with $5,000 going to the winner. Last year, former NFL kicker Josh Scobee shot 5 under par over two rounds at Morgan Run to beat Rick Rhoden by a shot.“I’m excited about the new venue,” Miller said. “It’s going to add a whole other element of fun, and that’s what I sell with this tournament – fun and entertainment. It’s going to take it to a whole other level with the golf course.“I was out there the other day. You expect to see a wagon train… Read full this story
- Former quarterback Tony Romo takes home celebrity golf championship
- Watch 49ers kicker Robbie Gould cheer on a beer-chugging fan during celebrity golf tournament
- A second-tier All-Ireland Football Championship moves one step closer
- Charles Barkley faces comically long odds at celebrity golf tournament
- Trinity Forest to host inaugural Dallas amateur golf championships
- Shubhankar Sharma qualifies for US Open Golf Championships
- Facts and figures for the 118th US Open golf championship
- NCAA Women's Golf Championship: Arizona's continues magical run to title match against favorite Alabama
- NCAA Women's Golf Championship: The hardest hole at Karsten Creek is ...
- NCAA Women's Golf Championship notebook: Arizona's continues magical run to title match against favorite Alabama
Celebrity Golf Championship moves to East County have 324 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at May 30, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.