A YOUNG woman is lucky to be alive after a tooth infection blocked her airways and put her into a coma. Caitlin Alsop, from Gold Coast in Australia, suddenly developed a mysterious face rash and flu-like symptoms. The 24-year-old’s throat and tongue also began to swell which cut off her airways. Caitlin was rushed to hospital where doctors realised she was having an allergic reaction and jabbed her with an adrenaline shot.LUCKY TO BE ALIVE Her blood pressure began to drop and medics were forced to place her into an induced coma for nine days. Caitlin said on Facebook: “My 3 symptoms that no GP could detect? A burnt tongue feeling that night, red rash on my face and sleeping constantly. She told the Courier Mail: “Mum was told to prepare for the worst, and the family all came to see me.” After a battery of tests doctors discovered she was suffering from a rare life-threatening oral infection called Ludwig’s Angina. The infection quickly spread and affected her entire jaw. She said: “The condition is extremely rare and means to be strangled alive. SIZZLE INTO SUMMER Brits to roast in 28C as Met Office backs THREE-MONTH warm spell BIG MAC… Read full this story
- Convicted sex offender is charged with burying Alabama woman's body in a shallow grave after she left a bar with two men and texted a friend to say she was 'in trouble'
- Mom whose baby died after she left him in a tub for some 'me time' is charged with murder
- How to lose 20kg in 2020: Woman, 24, reveals how she transformed her body in 18 months - and says more coffee and LESS gym time were the keys to her success
- Brain surgeon's Cambridge graduate son, 24, died of sudden heart failure while holding his breath in underwater swimming contest, inquest hears
- Chinese woman, 24, who lived on 20p a day dies in poverty after being forced to starve for five years to save money to treat her ill brother
- Texas woman, 20, dies from flu after traveling overseas
- Police name woman who died at Oakura Beach
- Woman, 22, who suffered three failed pregnancies discovers she has rare condition that turns her uterus into 'an acid bath and POISONS the unborn babies'
- Woman spends decades in Lyme disease ordeal after she was bitten by tick aged 7
- Valve Shuts Down Left 4 Dead 3 Rumors
Woman, 24, almost dies from a tooth infection after throat swells shut and she’s left in coma have 397 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 28, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.