A new street food vendor has been granted approval to set up shop in one of Sheffield’s busiest squares, but was told to jazz up his van first. Daniel Teng applied to Sheffield City Council to park his van in Tudor Square from 11am to 7pm, Monday to Friday, and from 10am on weekends. He plans to sell Asian wraps, special crepes and desserts.Mr Teng said: “I got the idea for it when I went to China with my friends and we tried this crepe and we all said ‘this is really good’, it was also quick and efficient and so I decided to try and do it here.”The city centre management team said during big events like the Snooker World Championships and Sheffield Doc Fest, when the square is used by media organisations and for event tents, Mr Teng will have to move his business aside.This condition was set by the council’s licensing committee who also told him the van’s design would need to be ‘very attractive’ to be allowed to sell in the spot.Councillor George Lindars-Hammond said: “The policy we have includes a very strict guide around it being attractive, it would need to be eye-catching. “We have turned down… Read full this story
- You don't want to miss these top food, drink events in April around Phoenix
- Brainard wants to transform office building parking lots along U.S. 31 into 'little villages'
- New York City milk prices skyrocket 11% after suppliers increase costs, small shops hit hard
- Readers sound off on fights, food and body parts
- Phoenix New Year's Eve live music guide to ring in 2017: Roger Clyne, Decadence, PAO, New Year's Punk Rock Eve
- Food trucks prep for peak season
- His Warren Central teammate was killed on Indy's streets; now he's rallying youth to stop the violence
- Street fashion finds a new meaning with retail trucks that ferry new styles and low prices all over town
- New York hoops legend Felipe Lopez still an inspiration as mentor to South Bronx youth
- It's your call: A rundown of what's new and what's to come in the Daily News features pages
‘We don’t want your bog-standard food vans’: New street food vendor told to jazz up his van by Sheffield Council have 349 words, post on www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.