A peaceful society where “every single person is valued” should be the “legacy” of murdered journalist Lyra McKee’s life, her friends and family have demanded.The funeral of the 29-year-old, held in Belfast on Wednesday, heard powerful and political statements from those closest to the journalist.Ms McKee was shot in the head on the Creggan estate in Londonderry on 18 April as she reported on riots in the Northern Ireland city.The so-called New IRA have claimed they were behind her killing.Wednesday’s service, at St Anne’s Cathedral near Ms McKee’s north Belfast home, was attended by both UK and Irish political leaders, while her friends and family wore outfits recognising her favourite films. Advertisement Mourners adorned themselves with Harry Potter scarves and T-shirts, as well as Marvel superhero-related clothing.In a tribute to his friend, Stephen Lusty revealed how Ms McKee was planning to propose to her partner Sara Canning in New York in May. More from Lyra Mckee Lyra McKee: Murdered journalist’s partner leads same-sex marriage rally in Belfast Lyra McKee: Police investigating journalist’s murder arrest four males in Derry Lyra McKee murder inspires new talks on Stormont powersharing Police release new images of Lyra McKee murder suspect A sea of Harry… Read full this story
- Making Funeral Arrangements
- How to Use Funeral Speech Examples
- March for Life Confronts Abortion Lie: Choosing Life Empowers Women
- The Choice For Cremation
- Advanced Planning
- I'm Pro Joe the Plumber - Citizens' Rights to Question Freely Without Public Ridicule
- Make the Human Brain Better Or Create an AI Super Computer
- Muschu Island - Paradise Or Japanese Hell
- The Five Main Vestment Colors - What They Mean and When They Are Worn
- Religion Strikes Again - So, Strike Back!
Priest confronts politicians at Lyra McKee's funeral have 283 words, post on news.sky.com at April 24, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.