News / World by Press Association 21/04/2019, 10:44 am Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter Pope Francis has celebrated Easter Mass at the Vatican, as the church faced a fresh round of bloodshed targeting Christians in Sri Lanka. Hours after leading a late-night vigil, Francis processed into a flower-decked St Peter’s Square for the liturgy commemorating the resurrection of Christ. This year the Easter season has been marred by both the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris last week, and the massacre on Sunday in Sri Lanka. More than 130 people were killed and hundreds wounded following near-simultaneous blasts at three churches and three hotels frequented by foreigners. Francis did not deliver the traditional homily. The 82-year-old has just completed an exhausting few days of Holy Week commemorations, including travelling to a prison outside Rome to wash the feet of inmates on Holy Thursday, presiding over the Way of the Cross procession at Rome’s Colosseum on Good Friday, and celebrating the Easter Vigil late on Saturday night in St Peter’s Basilica.
- Dead Trigger 2 News: MadFinger Celebrates Easter by Giving Players a Kill Pack Full of Bonus Items and Weapons
- Ark: Survival Evolved is not done celebrating Easter
- Fallout Shelter celebrates Easter with big sale
- BioWare celebrates N7 Day with Xbox One X patch for Mass Effect Andromeda, hints at a future for the series
- Watch New Mass Effect: Andromeda Teaser Trailer
- Mass Effect: Andromeda's $200 Remote-Control Nomad Vehicle Leaked
- Wim Wenders' moving 'Pope Francis: A Man of His Word' lets its subject ask the tough questions
- Mass Effect Easter Egg Discovered in Amazon's Echo Devices
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Easter Update Is Live, Free HD Texture And Audio Pack Also Available
- Destiny 2 Cayde-6 Easter Egg Uncovered by Eagle-Eyed Fan
Pope celebrates Easter with traditional Mass have 294 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at April 21, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.