Aritz Parra, Associated Press Updated 6:50 am CDT, Tuesday, April 16, 2019 MADRID (AP) — Spanish police says that a 57-story office tower in Madrid’s business district has been evacuated due to an unspecified security threat. Staff at the Torrespacio skyscraper received a phone call with the threat, a spokeswoman with the National Police said, prompting the tower’s own security personnel to evacuate the building. The spokeswoman, who wasn’t authorized to be identified by name in media reports, said she couldn’t provide specifics about the nature of the threat. She said the tower had been evacuated by the time police arrived at the scene. At 235 meters (770 feet), Torrespacio is one of four skyscrapers dotting the northern part of the Spanish capital’s skyline.
- Ironbridge holds its breath: Residents of Shropshire town evacuate over fears flood barriers will buckle overnight - after defences failed 22 miles along the River Severn at Bewdley
- US Navy evacuates USS Roosevelt docked in Guam because of a coronavirus outbreak among the 5,000 crew while Pentagon admits warship captain could be punished for going public with letter pleading for help
- Champions League Final: Real Madrid Crowned Kings of Europe For 11th Time
- Fitzroy bar hit with big fine as coronavirus pandemic prompts Victoria to restrict gun sales
- Policing under coronavirus: the real test is yet to come
- Eurozone crisis live: Anger over Athens security clampdown for Angela Merkel - as it happened
- Australian hospitals about to shut, 100,000 staff under threat as coronavirus numbers rise
- PICTURED: USS Roosevelt docked in Guam after Defense Secretary Mark Esper publicly disagreed with the captain's call to immediately evacuate warship because of a coronavirus outbreak and admitted he didn't read his letter pleading for help
- COVID-19: Travellers stranded as security agents enforce lock-down in Rivers, Delta, Ekiti, others
- France hopes expanded Euro 2016 can shake off security fears to flourish
Police: security threat prompts Madrid skyscraper evacuation have 297 words, post on www.chron.com at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.