Pete Buttigieg has finally announced that he’s running for president. Since forming his presidential exploratory committee earlier this year, the mayor from South Bend, Indiana has created major buzz – accompanied by substantial donations. But now, joined on stage by his husband Chasten, Buttigieg has formally entered the race. Launching his campaign, he told supporters: “You and I have the chance to usher in a new American spring.” Despite being a relative newbie to national-level politics — and one from the rust belt, to boot — Buttigieg has already proved himself to be a shrewd political operator. He seems to understand that much of campaigning on the big stage is about knowing which fights to pick – the political battles that you’re likely to win that cast you in a positive light. Buttigieg’s early dispute with vice president Mike Pence is a perfect example. The mayor has been engaging in a war of words with the vice president in recent weeks over their starkly different interpretations of Christianity and homosexuality. We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view. From 15p €0.18 $0.18 USD 0.27 a day, more exclusives, analysis and extras. Subscribe now Buttigieg, a Christian himself,… Read full this story
- Pete Buttigieg, a Millennial Midwestern mayor, says he’s what Democrats need in 2020
- Pete Buttigieg has his sights set on Elizabeth Warren in Iowa
- LGBT voters in California have two favorites: Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigieg
- Fox News' Laura Ingraham, Tucker Carlson Take Aim At Pete Buttigieg: 'Treat Him As The Be-All And End-All Moral Authority'
- Pete Buttigieg tries to diversify his campaign’s support by visiting Fresno
- Pete Buttigieg: Ideas, Not Just Identity Politics, Will Decide 2020 Nominee
- Julián Castro Takes Aim at Pete Buttigieg, Says San Antonio 14 Times Bigger than South Bend
- Pete Buttigieg expected 50 people at a Des Moines town hall. Over 1,600 people showed up.
- On The View: Pete Buttigieg, South Bend mayor, presidential hopeful, thinks an 'intergenerational alliance' is necessary to solve problems
- 'This Week' Transcript 11-3-19: Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Rep. Eliot Engel, Rep. Steve Scalise
Opinion: Pete Buttigieg's feud with Pence is a smart political move for them both have 348 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.