TODAY is Easter Sunday and everyone is excited about some extra days off work. As we enjoy the UK bank holiday, which part of the Easter story does it honour? Here’s the lowdown… When is Easter Sunday? TODAY is Easter Sunday – April 21. The date is decided by a complex set of calculations based on observations of the moon. In early Christianity, different churches used different methods, leading to disagreements which remain unresolved centuries later. Eastern and Western churches continue to celebrate Easter according to different calendars, although sometimes by chance the festivals coincide. Is Easter Sunday a bank holiday? Though Easter Sunday is obviously on a weekend, we still get Monday, April 22 off as it’s a bank holiday, but not every workplace will give employees this Easter date off. Bank or public holidays do not have to be given to employees as paid leave, an employer can decide whether to include bank holidays as part of a worker’s statutory leave. The Government website has more details on what your worker’s rights are in regards to public holidays. Bank holidays may also impact how benefits are paid, the gov.uk website explains how they may be affected. As some will… Read full this story
- FinTechs – Navigating the challenges of working with banks
- The Russian agents who poisoned the Skripals likely stayed in the UK after the attack as 'sleeper' agents, espionage experts say
- Donald Trump ‘Never Been Happier’ — Attends Church on Easter
- 5 Simple and Cost Effective Ways to Share Your Holiday Cheer With Colleagues
- Deutsche Bank offices are searched in money laundering investigation
- Bank Holiday films — oh, for the love of God…
- UK box office: 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' shoots down 'It'
- Commentary: 'Quantum' shares Fleming title, but not story
- American Epic: How Jack White helped piece together the story of a nation’s musical roots
- Huawei P20 Lite 2019 Is Real After All, Here's The Info: Leak
Happy Easter Sunday 2019! As we enjoy the UK bank holiday, which part of the Easter story does it honour? have 325 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 21, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.