The EU will end up with 50 “disruptive and resentful” British MEPs if it forces the country to take part in elections to the European Parliament next month, Liam Fox has warned. In an interview with The Telegraph, the pro-Brexit International Trade Secretary pointed out that the parliament, which is due to elect the next European Commission president later this year, “will have an effect on the formation of the next commission”. “The last thing our European partners want are 50 disruptive and resentful UK MEPs,” he added. Dr Fox’s comments are a tacit acknowledgement of growing support for the Brexit Party, the pro-Leave group founded by Nigel Farage, that is fielding a full slate of candidates… To continue reading this article Start your free trial of Premium Access all Premium articles Subscriber-only events Cancel any time Free for 30 days then only £2 per week Try Premium Access one Premium article per week Register for free Register for free to continue reading this article Register Or unlock all Premium articles, free for 30 days Start trial Already have an account? Login Want to learn more? View all subscriptions
- Boris Johnson faces growing Tory revolt over threat to hold General Election BEFORE Brexit
- Spain to hold early election on April 28
- News Analysis: Holding general elections tops Palestinian political scene with East Jerusalem still as key issue
- Fatah seeks consensus on "not to hold Palestinian elections without East Jerusalem"
- Afghanistan's Ghani secures 50.64% of presidential vote in preliminary result: election commission
- Afghanistan's Ghani secures 50.64% of presidential vote in preliminary result - election commission
- Uzbekistan holds parliamentary elections
- US Streets Fill With Angry Protesters for Second Night After Trump Election Win
- Assange Sentenced to 50 Weeks in Jail by UK Court for Skipping Bail
- Azerbaijan holds municipal elections
EU will end up with 50 angry and disruptive MEPs if it forces UK to hold MEP elections have 295 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at April 20, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.