Boxing legend Frank Bruno visits Sunderland later this week to raise funds for military veterans. An Evening with Frank Bruno takes place at the Alexandra Steakhouse, in Alexandra Road, Grangetown, on Friday in aid of city-based Veterans in Crisis (VICs). Proceeds will help the community interest company’s ongoing work with scores of former servicemen and women throughout Sunderland.Among the many issues they face on leaving the forces is mental health difficulties and 57-year-old Bruno has taken an interest in VICs’ work because of his own personal battles.The former WBC world heavyweight champion was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2003 and was inspired to create The Frank Bruno Foundation to help others facing similar problems.VICs itself was founded in its current guise by veteran Ger Fowler in 2018 and since helped around 100 people with concerns ranging from their mental health to addiction and housing issues.Mr Fowler, who served with the Light Infantry in Northern Ireland during the bloody Troubles, said: “Frank was keen to help because of the problems he has experienced with his own mental health and it is a pleasure to have him here in Sunderland.” Also read: How Sunderland veterans can get helpMr Fowler added: “There will… Read full this story
- Floyd Mayweather trades blows with T.I. as 50 Cent mocks boxing legend in Gucci row
- Floyd Mayweather looks a glass act as boxing legend shows off bizarre £13,400 mirrored jacket on night out
- Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather confirmed for surprise appearance in POOLE on February 27
- WATCH: Joy Reid Panel Attacks Military Veterans
- Boxing Legend Leon Spinks' Cancer Has Spread, Will Continue Treatment
- Christmas, Boxing Day: Sanwo-Olu visits patients at Lagos General Hospital
- Rouhani concludes Japan visit, seeks support for Iran economy
- 25 Veterans Promised a Free Football Game, But Come Game Day, No Tickets Arrived
- Boxing news LIVE: Tyson Fury could be 19st for Wilder rematch and Gypsy King wants 50-50 split with Joshua EXCLUSIVE
- Sunderland are at the lowest point in their history. How has it come to this?
Boxing legend Frank Bruno to visit Sunderland to support military veterans have 339 words, post on www.sunderlandecho.com at April 4, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.