WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign is set to report that it raised more than $30 million in the first quarter of 2019, edging out his top two Democratic rivals combined, according to figures it provided to The Associated Press. The haul brings the campaign’s cash on hand to $40.8 million, an unprecedented war chest for an incumbent president this early in a campaign. The Trump campaign said nearly 99% of its donations were of $200 or less, with an average donation of $34.26. Trump’s fundraising ability was matched by the Republican National Committee, which brought in $45.8 million in the first quarter — its best non-election year total. Combined, the pro-Trump effort is reporting $82 million in the bank, with $40.8 million belonging to the campaign alone. Trump formally launched his re-election effort just hours after taking office in 2017, earlier than any incumbent has in prior years. By contrast, former President Barack Obama launched his 2012 effort in April 2011 and had under $2 million on hand at this point in the campaign. Obama went on to raise more than $720 million for his re-election. Trump’s re-election effort has set a $1 billion target for 2020. Trump… Read full this story
- Trump Campaign Seeking 2 Million Signatures for President's Birthday Card
- Trump campaign and RNC raised staggering $105 million in Q2 of 2019
- Special Counsel studies Trump campaign ties to Cambridge Analytica, sources say
- Trump campaign drops more than $1 million on Facebook ads in counter impeachment push
- Trump campaign has sold $456,000 worth of PLASTIC STRAWS as president dives into culture skirmishes (but a 10-pack will cost you $15)
- YouTube Stars Who Met With Feds to 'Grow' Trump-Themed Business Were Paid by Trump Campaign
- Trump Campaign's Meal Contests Are 'Out-and-out Fraud' if Nobody Wins, Says Ex-White House Lawyer
- DNC files federal lawsuit against Russia, Trump campaign and associates
- Trump Campaign Runs Full-Page Ad on Morning of Dem Debates: Candidates 'All the Same,' Want to 'Wreck America'
- Who is George Papadopoulos, the Trump Campaign Adviser Who Suggested a Meeting with Russian Leaders?
APNewsBreak: Trump campaign to report $30 million haul have 319 words, post on www.startribune.com at April 14, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.