0 Have your say IMPORTERS in Portsmouth could be affected by proposed changes to tariffs with Britain leaves the European Union without a deal. The government announced that the UK would slash tariffs on a range of imports from outside the EU in the event of a no-deal Brexit. However importers bringing fruit into the country via Portsmouth International Port would be subject to tariffs under the plans. Portsmouth currently imports 50 per cent of the bananas eaten in Britain and the fruit would be among the 13 per cent of imports subject to tariffs. READ MORE: MPs disappointed and uncertain after PM’s Brexit deal was defeated by 149 votesOther products which would be subject to tariffs under a no-deal Brexit include: - Beef, lamb, pork and poultry and some dairy products, in order to protect UK farmers and producers from cheap imports;- A number of tariffs on finished vehicles to support the automotive sector, which will not apply to car parts imported from the EU to prevent disruption to supply chains;- Products including certain ceramics, fertiliser and fuel, where tariffs protect UK producers against unfair practices like dumping and state subsidies;- Goods including bananas, raw cane sugar and certain kinds of fish, where tariffs are… Read full this story
- Scottish Court to decide today if Boris Johnson can be jailed over no deal Brexit
- Varadkar: We may have to live with no-deal Brexit 'for a period'
- Project Fear dismantled: Italy MEP explains why no deal Brexit will 'NOT be catastrophic'
- Terrified EU pledges millions in funding fearing unemployment surge after no deal Brexit
- 'A very, very bad thing': This is what a no-deal Brexit looks like for the tech industry
- 'A very, very bad thing': This is what a no-deal Brexit means for tech companies and jobs
- UK roaming charges could return immediately following no-deal Brexit
- Freed from May's gloom, Boris is making Britain proud of Brexit, says KULVEER RANGER
- How the Replacement NAFTA Deal Will Affect Future Cars
- Brexit Preppers are stockpiling for months ahead of Britain's EU exit
These are the import tariffs Britain would impose in no-deal Brexit and how they would affect Portsmouth have 332 words, post on www.portsmouth.co.uk at March 13, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.