A former Trump campaign aide central to the early days of the FBI’s Russia investigation said the FBI wanted him to wear a wire to record conversations with a professor who had told him the Russians had dirt on Hillary Clinton. George Papadopoulos, the first of five Trump aides to plead guilty and agree to cooperate in special counsel Robert Mueller’s recently-concluded investigation, told House lawmakers and staff in a closed-door interview last October that he rejected the FBI request. A transcript of that interview was released Tuesday by the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee as part of an ongoing effort to sow doubt about the origins of the FBI’s investigation into possible coordination between Russia and President Donald Trump’s campaign. Mueller ended his investigation last week without finding a criminal conspiracy between Russia and the Trump campaign to affect the 2016 presidential election, according to a Justice Department summary of his findings released Sunday. Papadopoulos was a vital figure in the early days of the FBI’s investigation. The revelation that Papadopoulos had learned in an April 2016 meeting in London that Russia had “dirt” on Democrat Hillary Clinton in the form of thousands of stolen emails helped… Read full this story
- State police share FBI wanted flyer for Conn. crime
- Trump lawyers fight to shield items seized in FBI raid
- Michael Cohen: Trump's personal lawyer is trying to stop use of evidence seized in FBI raid
- FBI a house of lies in Comey era
- What did former FBI director write about his meetings with Trump? Read the memos here.
- Fired FBI deputy chief Andrew McCabe faces criminal referral
- Michael Cohen: 16 mobile phones seized in FBI raid of Trump lawyer's home, office and hotel room
- Donald Trump wants to review documents seized from Michael Cohen's office before investigators see them
- Comey tells AP that Trump's attacks on FBI make US less safe
- The FBI has put the 'narco of narcos' on its 10 Most Wanted list
Papadopoulos: FBI Wanted Me to Wear a Wire have 334 words, post on www.newsmax.com at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.