The NFL league year doesn’t technically begin until 4 p.m. Eastern time on Wednesday, but the most anticipated moves of the offseason have seemingly all been made already.
Free agency wasn’t the only source of excitement this week. Though we knew major names like Nick Foles would be switching teams, several blockbuster trades outshined those signings.
Not to be outdone, highly touted free agent running back Le’Veon Bell signed with the New York Jets just hours later. His former Steelers teammate Antonio Brown also ditched the black and yellow for black and silver when he was dealt to the Oakland Raiders.
And that’s all just from this week. Lest we forget the fact that Joe Flacco is no longer on the Baltimore Ravens after being traded to Denver weeks ago, spurring the Broncos to send Case Keenum to Washington.
Somehow, this is all just the tip of the iceberg – and knowing the NFL, the drama isn’t going to slow down anytime soon.
Click through below to catch up with all the major players that have been moved so far this offseason:
WR Danny Amendola
Left the Miami Dolphins in free agency to join the Detroit Lions
(Charles Trainor Jr./Miami Herald/TNS via Getty Images)
OL Terrell Suggs
Left the Baltimore Ravens in free agency to join the Arizona Cardinals
(Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
LB C.J. Mosley
Left the Baltimore Ravens in free agency to sign with the New York Jets
(Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images)
WR Jamison Crowder
Left the Washington Redskins in free agency to sign with the New York Jets
(Photo by Wesley Hitt/Getty Images)
TE Jesse James
Left the Pittsburgh Steelers in free agency to sign with the Detroit Lions
(Photo by Jason O. Watson/Getty Images)
S Eric Weddle
Left the Baltimore Ravens in free agency to sign with the Los Angeles Rams
(Photo by Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images)
RB Carlos Hyde
Left the Jacksonville Jaguars in free agency to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs
(Photo by Mark Brown/Getty Images)
- R. Kelly is facing new allegation of sexual abuse of a minor in revised federal indictment
- Boeing's Starliner spacecraft, built to carry astronauts, faces new safety concerns
- 2020 NFL offseason outlook: First order of business for each of the 32 NFL teams
- Take a Knee: New York Jets CEO Backs NFL Players' Rights to Protest
- Insecurity: Civilisation facing new challenges
- Paetow football faces new challenges in Division I
- Prince Andrew facing new pressure to speak to Epstein probe as lawyer for ‘sex slaves’ teams up with Harry Dunn’s family
- Dennis Leary to close Canteen to open 2 new places
- Jussie Smollett facing new charges for 'staging racist attack on himself'
- Chicago man body slammed by police officer faces new charges