0 Have your say BACK in November, in an attempt to get politicians to wake up to the plight of adult social care, I wrote to all 650 of our MPs, calling on them to act. To my total dismay, as I write this, I have had fewer than 10 replies – a response rate of less than 1.54 per cent. What a damning indictment of the seriousness with which our elected representatives treat the current crisis in the way we care for our oldest and most vulnerable adults. I know there are other, very pressing issues in front of our Government – rising knife crime and Brexit to name just two and I would never wish to belittle the importance of those, or many others, in these turbulent times. Mike Padgham: An open letter to every MP as care crisis deepensBut while month after month rolls on without any meaningful action on adult social care, more and more of those vulnerable people aren’t getting the support they need and deserve.I have previously written to the Government and to the Prime Minister on several occasions, inviting them to visit and see the challenges facing social care providers on the front… Read full this story
- Civil servants have 'serious doubts' over Covid safety in Government as 10 Tory MPs join Boris Johnson in self-isolation after one tested positive
- Lack of coronavirus testing in care homes is an 'unfolding horror' that could lead to tens of thousands of forgotten victims, experts warn - amid claims 'hidden epidemic' has already cost 4,000 lives
- Save care homes from being sued: Bosses urge ministers to protect nursing centres against the crippling cost of legal claims... just like the NHS
- The public sector saved Britain this year. So why aren't they all getting the same pay rise as MPs?
- Matt Hancock promises care homes will FINALLY be able to allow in-person visits over Christmas thanks to rapid Covid-19 tests
- 'This is all going to end in tears for Boris': Tory MPs and ex-aides say 'nightmare to work with' Carrie Symonds should be more like Philip May and 'keep a lower profile' - as PM's allies warn his future in No10 depends on the success of his 'reset'
- Care homes, the reckoning: Two daughters whose fathers, 89 and 88, were killed by Covid WIN right to launch judicial review into government 'failure' to protect thousands of care home residents from the virus
- 'Show us it's worth it': Boris Johnson faces new rebellion over tough new coronavirus tiers as SEVENTY Tory MPs say they will REFUSE to vote for them unless the PM proves they 'will save more lives than they cost' - as 10pm pub curfew faces the axe
- Tory MP blasts The Crown's twisted portrayal of Margaret Thatcher and the Falklands War as 'utter rubbish' as Netflix show is slammed for being 'pro-IRA'
- Second Tory MP stokes free school meals fury: Selaine Saxby hints firms giving food to children should NOT get government help after Ben Bradley suggested cash went to 'crack dens and brothels' - as ministers double down on refusal to fund scheme
Mike Padgham: Ignoring care crisis won’t make it go away as less than 10 out of 650 MPs reply to my open letter have 503 words, post on www.yorkshirepost.co.uk at March 22, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.