Parham Bridges Park promises to be a busy place in the coming weeks, with nearly $400,000 in improvements and additions planned for the popular Northside facility. Among upgrades, the city of Jackson is planning to spend $250,000 to install a new children’s splash pad at the park playground and another $27,000 to add rubberized surfacing under the park’s play area. And next week, Parks and Recreation is expected to take a $115,000 contract proposal to the Jackson City Council to build the park’s long-awaited new entrance. “We’ve already opened packets and have a group that won the bid, but it has to go to the council,” said Parks Director Ison Harris. If the contract is approved, contractors would have between 90 and 120 days to complete the work. “The only think that would affect us getting it done over the next two to three months is the weather,” he said. The new entrance is the first phase of upgrades designed to improve patron access to the park and make Parham Bridges more competitive with other tennis centers in the area. The entrance will be built at 4950 Old Canton Rd., at the site of a former Jackson Police Department substation. The station was torn… Read full this story
- Hike: Settles Bridge Park Trail
- 16 Splash Pads in the SF Bay Area keep kids cool
- Long Beach approved $23M for urgent Queen Mary repairs, but only 1 major project is done
- Rival pier plan features public park over the ocean in Virginia Beach
- New major project delivery partner for Australian Event Awards
- 'Major announcement' planned on elusive serial killer
- The family-friendly things to do in every UK national park including dinosaur trails and cave boating
- Is Universal Studios Planning Another Theme Park?
- Mickey’s Mix Magic is a New, High-Energy Projection Show at Disneyland Park
- Lafayette plan to save Park Theater falls apart
Major projects planned for Parham Bridges Park including splash pad have 312 words, post on www.northsidesun.com at March 28, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.