Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) is officially a contender for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination and will deliver her first major campaign speech this month outside the Trump International Hotel in New York City. Gillibrand announced two months ago that she had formed an exploratory committee. On Sunday, she officially launched her run with a video posted online and plans for a one-week, multi-state tour culminating in the March 24 speech. The Democrat used her announcement video, titled “Brave Wins,” to pitch herself as a fighter capable of taking on President Donald Trump. Gillibrand reiterated her support for universal health care, paid family leave, tighter gun control regulations, the Green New Deal and other progressive reforms. At one point, she recalls the first manned flight to the moon, by American astronauts. “If we can do that, we can definitely achieve universal health care,” she says. Gillibrand never mentions Trump by name, but speaks over footage of neo-Nazi demonstrators and the president with a crowd of his supporters. She has been a consistent Trump critic on Capitol Hill, calling for his resignation in 2017. “Brave doesn’t spread hate. Cloud truth. Build a wall. That’s what fear does,” she says in the video. Gillibrand… Read full this story
- Kirsten Gillibrand releases tax returns, calls on Democratic rivals to follow her lead
- Kirsten Gillibrand had a better chance of being president 10 years ago
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand on 2020: 'I will give it a long, hard thought of consideration'
- Big Donors Are Punishing Kirsten Gillibrand for Speaking Out Against Al Franken
- Kirsten Gillibrand betrays New York yet again
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand Says She Is Ending Her Campaign for President
- Democrats to use House majority to launch Trump investigations
- The Saudi Government Sure Loves to Spend Money at Trump Hotels for No Real Reason I Bet
- Kyle Smith: Newly radical Kirsten Gillibrand had a better chance of being president 10 years ago
- Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand, Richard Blumenthal demand turkey salmonella probe details
Kirsten Gillibrand To Deliver First Major 2020 Speech In Front Of Trump Hotel have 327 words, post on www.huffpost.com at March 17, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.