Amy Buckalter didn’t give it a second thought when she decided to use Facebook to advertise for her start-up, Pulse, in late 2017. Buckalter knew her male friends saw all sorts of raunchy ads addressing erectile dysfunction on Facebook constantly, so she figured her lubricant for women going through menopause would be just fine. She was wrong. For the past year and a half, Pulse has had most of its ads blocked by Facebook, and it is not alone. The Seattle start-up is one of several direct-to-consumer brands selling lubricants for women going through menopause that told CNBC they are prevented by Facebook from advertising on its service. These companies claim their experiences show how Facebook is inconsistent with how it applies its policies to pick and choose which companies are allowed to advertise on the social network. Pulse, along with Genneve, Unbound and women’s health expert Dr. Anna Cabeca say Facebook has a double standard that allows brands that target men to run ads but block the equivalent for women. While male-focused brands like Roman and Hims are able to run ads with mentions of “premature ejaculation” or “E.D.,” which stands for erectile dysfunction, Pulse and its peers have… Read full this story
- Alarm For All Men? Talking About Erectile Dysfunction
- How to Create an Effective Social Ad
- Facebook Business Applications and Marketing Tools - Even Create Your Own
- Facebook Payday - The New Way to Earn Online
- No-Hop Shopping And 'Insitement' Ads - The Future Of Online Marketing?
- Google "Pay-As-You-Perform" Model for TV Ads Will Give Insights for Marketing to Social Media Sites
- Free Classified Sites to Submit Your Link To
- Interview with Paul Adcock, Author of Jungle King Secrets - A Libido-Liberating Lifestyle
- "Why Am I So Angry?"- Understanding Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Free Business Web Services Are Priceless!
Facebook Is Blocking Ads That Target Women With Menopause But Allows Ads From Companies Selling Pills for Erectile Dysfunction have 298 words, post on www.nbcmiami.com at March 9, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.