Politicians, Hollywood stars, and media elites spent roughly two years echoing the words “Mueller is closing in” as they fantasized about President Donald Trump and his family being indicted over so-called Russian collusion during the 2016 presidential election. But on Sunday, the Department of Justice announced that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation did not find evidence that the president’s campaign “conspired or coordinated” with the Russian government, “despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.”
“To my fellow Trump critics: Do not despair. Do not give up. Do not reduce your outrage,” tweeted actor Tony Schwartz reacting to the president’s 2017 tax bill, “Tax cuts are a fake victory that will come back to haunt him & Republicans. Mueller is closing in on Trump, I promise!”
“If true, the Buzzfeed story is a political earthquake. Caution: we really know little; Mueller knows much. Time to be steady, let facts lead us to truth — The walls do appear to be closing in.” tweeted journalist Dan Rather in reference to an anti-Trump BuzzFeed report from January, which turned out to be fake news.
Check out a few more of the politicians, Hollywood stars, and media elites who fantasized about “Mueller closing in” on the president and his family over the Russia collusion hoax.
First son Donald Trump Jr. said in a statement on Sunday that Attorney General William Barr’s letter to Congress on the Mueller report has finally proven “what those of us with sane minds have known all along.”
As for everybody else, their focus appears to be shifting onto the Attorney General and even the Special Counsel, as House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) calls on William Barr to testify before Congress, and Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) floats the idea of subpoenaing Robert Mueller.
- ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ Stars Discuss Film’s Costume Design
- Kit Harington plays a Hollywood star embroiled in controversy involving a young boy in trailer for The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan
- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order review: The best Star Wars game in years
- Hollywood stars pay tribute at Dino De Laurentiis's funeral
- Inside Naomi Campbell's incredible love life - royalty, Hollywood stars and rappers
- British bridegroom, 26, and his new American wife, 27, tie the knot in first TikTok wedding after they met on the social media app last year
- The Latest: Pelosi says ‘nothing off the table’ on Trump
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi orders impeachment probe against US President Donald Trump
- Trump Questions Roger Stone Verdict as Russia Hoaxers Go Free — ‘Didn’t They Lie?’
- The fake Trump shooting video is the result of decades of media demonization by conservatives ǀ View