DONALD Trump’s State of the Union speech addressed the issue of ISIS and whether or not it has been defeated. But what exactly has he said about it? Here’s the lowdown… When will ISIS be defeated in Iraq and Syria? Trump has claimed that ISIS will be “100 per cent” defeated in Iraq and Syria by next week. The US President today predicted that the terror group will have lost its final strongholds within days following “victory over victory”. He insisted the US would not relent in fighting the “sick and demented” extremists despite his decision to withdraw US troops from Syria. Trump told representatives of a 79-member, US-led coalition fighting ISIS that the militants held a tiny percentage of the vast territory they once claimed as their “caliphate”. “It should be formally announced sometime, probably next week, that we will have 100 per cent of the caliphate,” Trump said. He added: “Over the past two years we have retaken 20,000 square miles of land; we have seen victory after victory after victory. “We have retaken both Mosul and Raqqa. We’ve eliminated more than 60 high-value ISIS leaders. “Tens of thousands of ISIS fighters are gone. They’re gone.” US officials have… Read full this story
- Donald Trump talks invite to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding
- Donald Trump unloads on his critics again claiming 'dirty cops and politicians' will 'pay a big price' for dropped prosecution of Mike Flynn - and says 'I learned a lot from Richard Nixon - don't fire people!'
- Donald Trump claims there will be a coronavirus vaccine 'by the end of the year' as he puts pharma boss in charge of 'Operation Warp Speed' to be ready to give out millions of doses when one is ready
- Donald Trump ignores compulsory masks sign as he tours MASK factory (but wears goggles) then praises workers for their efforts - all of whom have their faces covered
- I miss Mike! Donald Trump reveals he is speaking to Pence by phone while vice president keeps his distance over fears of potentially spreading coronavirus after his press secretary tested positive
- Donald Trump to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un on June 12
- Donald Trump leaves the White House for trip to Arizona as he tries to highlight U.S. reopening and says he 'MIGHT' wear a mask- and takes group of Republican lawmakers who ignore social distancing for a selfie
- Donald Trump claims he did wear a face mask backstage at Arizona factory but was told he didn't need one for plant tour and it's not his fault that the press didn't see it
- Donald Trump offers Joe Biden rapid COVID-19 test to resume travel
- Donald Trump says he is considering restoring some funding to WHO, no decision made
When will ISIS be defeated in Iraq and Syria and what has Donald Trump said about it? have 465 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 7, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.