Vietnam, the host of the second summit between US President Donald Trump and DPRK leader Kim Jong-un, has grabbed international headlines for its socio-economic development as well as meticulous preparation for the summit.
National flags of the DPRK, the US and Vietnam attached to a plaque with a friendship symbol of handshake are decorating many streets downtown Hanoi.
Rodong Sinmun, the official newspaper of the DPRK’s Workers’ Party of Korea, ran an article on Vietnam’s economic development on February 27, in which it hailed Vietnam’s economic potential.
The article highlighted the Vietnamese Government’s efforts to accelerate economic renovation and consolidate the socialist regime, which indicated the DPRK’s interest in Vietnam’s Doi Moi (renewal) process.
The same day, an article on Singapore’s Chinese-language Zaobao spotlighted Hanoi’s preparation for the rare summit on February 27-28. Both Trump and Kim received warm welcome from local people who waved flowers and flags when they arrived in Vietnam on February 26.
The article also noted that the national flags of the DPRK, the US and Vietnam attached to a plaque with a friendship symbol of handshake are decorating many streets in downtown Hanoi.
It said with only 10 days for preparations, workers in Hanoi worked throughout the nights to decorate the streets around the hotels where the US and DPRK leaders will stay.
As the summit takes place on the occasion of 20 years the capital city of Hanoi receiving the UNESCO’s “City for Peace” title, many Hanoians voiced the hope that Vietnam will develop friendship ties with all countries as well as contribute to peace progress all over the world, the article wrote.
Local people’s hospitality and Hanoi streets decorated with flowers and banners of the summit have also impressed Singapore’s English-language digital news provider TODAY.-VNA
- Singapore's PM Meets Trump Ahead of North Korea Summit
- Under Vietnam’s leadership, ASEAN prioritizes intra-regional trade
- Washington meeting discusses ASEAN-US Special Summit preparation
- Vietnam’s audit officials attend int’l integrity seminar in Hungary
- Huawei Developer Day Summit 2020: Here’s how to watch the livestream
- Japan a leading, long-term partner of Vietnam: Politburo member
- Trump to Meet Putin in Helsinki for Summit Next Month
- Vietnam imposes fines for transporting wildlife from epidemic areas
- TREASURIES-Yields lower as coronavirus headlines keep demand afloat
- South Korea-Vietnam flights canceled to halt coronavirus spread