President Donald Trump hasn’t decided if he’ll support the bipartisan congressional agreement on border security that’s contingent on him accepting less wall construction money than he’s been demanding as a way to avert another government shutdown, an administration official said. The White House is waiting to review the full language of the deal, the official Tuesday. The tentative pact reached Monday night provides $1.375 billion for 55 new miles of border fencing in Texas’s Rio Grande Valley area, according to congressional aides who spoke on condition of anonymity. That’s far short of the $5.7 billion Trump wants for a wall. But the agreement also rejects limits Democrats sought on detentions of immigrants apprehended in the U.S. It still has to be written into legislation, pass both chambers of Congress and get Trump’s approval before Friday night to avoid a partial government shutdown. The agreement was announced less than an hour before Trump took the stage in the border city of El Paso, Texas, at a political rally to rev up supporters. Trump told his audience that he’d heard a deal was reached but didn’t know the details. He gave no indication whether he’d sign the legislation once it reaches his… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Denies That DACA Deal Has Been Reached
- Trump reconsidering TPP trade deal
- White House Budget Deal Funds Just Enough Of Trump's Stupid Wall For Him To Brag About It
- Women Saved the Iran Deal From Washington's Bickering Do-Nothing Men
- Paul Ryan Says There 'Isn't an Agreement' Between Democrats and Trump on DACA
- What Is NAFTA And What Could Happen If Trump Dismantles It?
- A Former Obama Speechwriter Annotates Donald Trump's Inauguration Speech
- Trump's Budget Would Turn the US Into a Heavily-Guarded Shitpile
- Trump May Seek Modest Changes To ‘Worst Deal Ever’ NAFTA He Vowed To Destroy
- Trump Doesn't Know What 'Clean Dream Act' Means But He Thinks It Sounds Great
Trump Undecided on Tentative Border Deal in Congress have 316 words, post on www.newsmax.com at February 12, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.